The lime is delivered to the Midwest City water plants to soften your drinking water. After the process of softening the water is complete the lime is extracted and we dry it down. Ultra Compost Garden lime is a high calcium lime that will raise calcium and Ph levels in your soil. A balanced soil is needed to grow proper plants and lawns. Our natural organic garden lime is environmentally safe, safe for pets and indoor use. The lime will break down into soil and begin working immediately after being exposed to moisture.
If your soil has been tested and has a pH balance of 6.0 or below, you might need to consider liming it. If soil is too acidic, grass and certain flowers and crops will be adversely affected. Lime works to lessen acidity by adding calcium and magnesium carbonates to the soil. The lime reacts with the water and carbon dioxide in the soil, starting a small chain of chemical reactions that ultimately leads to carbon dioxide production, which increases the soil pH to healthier levels.
Ultra compost garden lime is an organic natural soil amendment. When garden lime is introduced to soil it produces a hospitable growing environment, increasing fertilizer efficiency.
- 1 ½ times more effective at raising pH for plant nutrition.
- Quicker to react than ground limestone or agricultural lime.
- Rich calcium content which stimulates plant health
- Reduces soil acidity, flourishing gardens, flower beds and lawns.
- Soil sweetener.
- Improves soil texture.
- Non Toxic
- Safe for pets.
- Helps control lawns and gardens of gnats and fleas.
- Saves money, reduces the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Recommended to test ph levels prior to applying
- For best results aerate/plug lawns prior to application.
- Broadcast 5 lbs per 700 sq. ft.
- Flower Pots: 2-3 tablespoons per 1 gallon pot
- Store in dry cool location